HOW TO REGISTER YOUR TEAM.
Welcome to the 2021-22 ABA Season- we look forward to receiving your team nomination!! Below is a bit of a checklist of how a manager can register their team…
This year there is no registration night as all registrations and payments need to be completed online.
1). Managers must collect your ‘TEAM’ information, this includes all the following;
– Team name
– Year group and division you’re nominating for.
– Uniform colours- pre-email email@example.com for pre-approval.
– Coaches details (name, address, contact number, email)
– Manager’s details (name, address, contact number, email). ALL TEAM MUST HAVE ATEAM MANAGER AND COACH CONTACT DETAILS
- All players from your team’s emails (this is so you can email them the link at the last stage of team registration).
Click on the link below to register your team. – (no payment this year will be required to register a team, this is paid only when you register as a player)
JUNIOR TEAM REGISTRATION
SENIOR TEAM REGISTRATION- (In this section there are boxes to tick to whether you are joining a Senior, Vets or A grade team)
Once this process is complete, you will be able to send the team code and password to your players to register themselves (print a copy for yourself to make sure you have it in the event it is needed).
(Reminder that managers must be over 18 years old)
– Any coaching/player clashes that you would like us to try and avoid- we try our best but no promises are made. This year the ABA has a new Clash Protocol which they be following.
- Coaches who coach other teams, play or work. (Coaches who choose to coach more than 1 team in the same age group may not be able to resolve clashes each week)
- Players who play in more than one team
- All other requests All clash requests will attempt to be solved, however this is not always possible. Most of these clashes can be solved by carefully structuring our playing groups and nights. Other activities and sporting commitments will not result in continued movement throughout the year.
All clashes must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Once a player receives an invite to join their team, the Player will need the following information to register themselves-
– Players name
– Players date of birth
– Players address
– Contact number (can be a parent/ guardian if under 18).
– Email address
– Current school attending
– Photographic permission( applies only to players under 18)
(Yes or no answer- does the players parent/ Guardian allow for photographs to be taken of their child and possibly used by ABA for promotion- including social media.)
Player payments will also need to be paid online at the time of registration. If a player withdraws from a team prior to playing a request of refund will need to be emailed to the ABA and there will be an administrative fee of the 3.9% withdrawn from their refund by SportsTG.
Register players via the email they have received from their Manager using the team code. All ages are now on this one registration form. You will need to select whether you are a Junior (equivalent to Year 12 and below) or a Senior player.
Included in this link in also a Junior to Senior section for any players that are playing in both grades. Younger players playing in a Junior and a Senior team, will need to click on both the Junior player as well as the Junior to Senior team links as well and pay the both the Junior fee and the additional $115 to play as a Senior.
Included in this link in also a Senior to Vets section for any players that are playing in both grades. Players playing in a Senior and a Vets team, will need to click on both the Senior player as well as the Senior to Vets team links as well and pay the both the Senior fee and the additional $115 to play as a Vet.
If you do not register as a Senior player, you will not be in a team courtside and will not be able to play as a Senior.
If a player did not receive the email inviting them to join the team, they can register via the Player link-
If you have a player with a Kid sport voucher in your team, please get them to email the Administrator at email@example.com to get a different link to register this player.
Juniors (15 rounds) = Total fee $211.75
– this includes $36.75 Basketball WA insurance (increased from 2020/21), $175 for general game running. All online payments the through SportsTG network will incur a SportsTG administrative 3.9% surcharge fee.
-Senior (15 rounds) = Total fee $251.75
this includes $36.75 Basketball WA insurance (increased from 2020/21), $215 for general game running. All online payments the through SportsTG network will incur a SportsTG administrative 3.9% surcharge fee
- -A Grade Men and Women (16 rounds) = Total fee $261.75
this includes $36.75 Basketball WA insurance (increased from 2020/21), $225 for general game running. All online payments the through SportsTG network will incur a SportsTG administrative 3.9% surcharge fee
- A Junior who is also wanting to play in a Senior team will register via a junior to senior link. This will be a payment of $115 (which includes their share of the court fees, umpire fees etc) All online payments the through SportsTG network will incur a SportsTG administrative 3.9% surcharge fee
- The ABA Committee have introduced that Vets is classified as a social competition, so any over 35-year-old players playing Men’s or Women’s Vets may also be in a team in the Men’s or Women’s competition (upon paying the second team fee. This will be a payment of $115 which includes their share of the court fees, umpire fees etc), plus a 3.9% administrative fee from SportsTG (processing fee)
All Coaches and Managers not Coaching or Managing a team with their own child in it, must provide a copy of their Working with Children Check to the ABA. This can be emailed in or dropped to the ABA office at the beginning of the Season.
All Coaches and Managers need to register themselves as a Volunteer for the 2021/22 Season. This is a short process and there is no fee involved. Coaches are to click the Coaches link and Managers are to click on the Volunteer link.
Please register via this link-
There must be seven players or more in a team for the team to be registered. After registration closes the Administrator checks all teams to ensure all teams have 7 players. Teams with less than 7 players may be withdrawn.
4) Once all of your players are registered- you’re done with the online part.
Couple of notes;
– This process is a little time consuming so we thank you for your patience and understanding.
– If your name/uniform/coach details are the same as last year you can use your team codes and passwords from last season to register.
Registrations will open on Monday the 6th of September and close on Friday the 17th of September.
- Please contact the Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.